Tuesday 5 December 2006

Google mobile mail

What is ROI going to do with their Blackberies now that Google is offering mobile email? If I were the CEO of Research in Motion I'd take a long long holiday. But hey they didn't do badly for a number of years.

Read on to find out how Google mail works on mobile phones.

Installing the program is pretty easy, a simple text message request to Google is returned within seconds and includes a search option and a link to Google mail.
Consider this for a moment, millions of people are going to want this program on their mobile phones ,and these wap push messages are being sent out free of charge by Google. Googles money coffers must be bottomless, but as the only way mobile use is going to go is 'Up', they are undoubtedly on the right track.

I have four phones on which I can run tests. My old an trusted workhorse the Nokia 6600, the rather more sensitive Nokia 6680, the sleek Ericsson K800i and the quite reliable Nokia 6230i.
As of now the Google Mail option doesn't work on my Nokia 6600, the Google search option is bundled into the program they just sent to me and that works fine; it therefore is not my Internet connection that is causing the problem, but probably a technical issue at Google's end. I guess they will have that fixed shortly, and I'll tell you more later.

No comments: